Saturday, June 24, 2006

This was a really cool amphitheater in Avenches where the a real gold bust of Marcus Aurelius was found in an aquaduct. If you stand where Lauren is holding her hands out like she's the queen of the world then you are able to hear exactly what you're saying. The Romans figured out that if you speak 17 meters away from a wall then it will bounce back. So when you speak on that spot it sounds like you're talking into a microphone.
This is a typical shot in a town. This is Solothurn where there are 11 spouts on some fountains, 11 stairs per set in front of the cathedral, all sorts of groupings of 11.
This is Gruyeres. Very pretty, and this is the town that the cheese is named after. It's a small pedestrian village.
This is the entrance to H.R. Geigers museum/gallery. He was the designer of the "Alien" creatures in the movie. His stuff is pretty dark and scetchy. I'd like to say some of his work is boarder-line pornographic, but that wouldn't be quite true. I'll just say, some some of his work is pornographic. It was, however, pretty interesting.
This dude was lighting the place up with his awsome wood xylophone skills. I would have loved to see him and Ty Whitesides have a xylo battle. And yes he did sing too.

1 comment:

Dani said...

Hey guys....lovin' the pictures. how's the weather? Is is muggy? I have some funny stories...should I post them here or just email ya?

Contributors