
Last weekend my Mom and Gordo came up to Boise. I have to say it was one of the funnest weekends we have had in a long while. It's so nice to have people so genuinely excited for us. They both came in and helped me bake the sweets. My Mom made the lemon bars completely by herself and ran to the grocery store twice to get stuff I had run out of. Woops!
The first night we went out to eat at this place called the Bitter Root Alehouse. I think that's the third time I've been there and I love it. The service is fast and the food is all local and not too spendy Lauren gets a grilled cheese with tomatoes, basil, and some other yummy things. I get to veggie burger (I know guys sounds sick but it is GOOD!) and I add avocado.
Anyway, if you come up- get excited! Not only will you get to work at the bakery you'll get to eat out at some delicious places! :)
8 comments:
We want to come see you again. Too bad we've kind of hunkered down for the winter. You know how that goes...hugs!
Wahoo!!!! We had such a great time too..... that was pretty generous saying I made anything, but I sure had a good time wearing an apron, and watching the baking process on such a big scale. I have a huge respect for you bakers - that is a VERY physical job! I think with the draw of the dirt jumps for Gordo, and a certain little boy and the great restaurants and gelato for me, I can guarantee future visits! Love and kisses to all........ gramma
Wow those are some good-lookin' folks. How did your baby brother get so big?!? I can not wait to have me a grilled cheese and a veggie burger + avacado, and maybe you could hook me up with some lemon bars too. I'm thinking, December 2008 sometime?
Abby I would be so stoked if you guys came up! And yes we'd be out on the town, or foothills, whenever possible.
yay goodie - the fam back in the bakery crankin the Christmas tunes at 4 in the mornin - sounds like a date!!!
I've been searching for tickets... someday! We miss you guys so much! {sigh}
Hey Will, I got your message. Midterms just ended and it has been pretty crazy. (it seems as if your no stranger to crazy as well) Your # on my phone does not seem to work and you did not leave any alternatives. Also, what is your email? My new email is turnerdaines@yahoo.com. Hope Boise is treating you and the family well and that you find some time to get some turns in. (I know I won't)
Hey there! It feels like we haven't seen you guys in forever! How are you? How's the bakery?
Hey, I want to send out Christmas cards will you email me or post on my blog your address? my email is keri.cannon@gmail.com
Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment