Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Woods meet the City of Trees


My parents came to Boise this last weekend which was awesome. Even though I had to work both days they were here, I had been sleeping really well and was able to spend some time with them during the evenings and also at work. The first day they were here I opened up shop then Lauren and my Dad came in at lunch time.  My Dad and I then commenced to make over 100 lbs of granola, 2 types, cranberry blueberry, and cranberry almond coconut. Lauren worked the rest of my shift up front while we made and bagged it all. It's awesome.

Besides frosting some super cute pumpkin sugar cookies my Mom also learned how to knead bread and roll rolls.


The production side of the bakery.  Our mixer bowls hold 140 quarts. 

Parents, thanks for coming up here even though it was so quick, late Thursday to Saturday afternoon.  You guys helped us get a lot done including; granola, cleaning the back door of the bakery, frosting sugar cookies, brainstorming and recon on honey-butter production, figuring out that the wheels I bought for our broken subaru don't fit, supplying us with a car for the last month, a game of NERTS, and last but certainly not least eating at two really good restaurants. In fact, I will have to make that last item it's own post...


7 comments:

abby o said...

YESSSSS, when I saw you online tonight I was hoping you'd update the blog. Man our parents rock. Bless them for travelling far and wide to see us. Looks like you guys had a great time, I can't wait to come hopefully at Christmas, hope you can train me up to be somewhat useful cause I got a feeling once we're there and Andy's working his tail off I might be making 5 hour trips for bread and brownies...and maybe a little cranberry coconut granola, mmmm.

abby o said...

hehe, I just read this post to Ben and his eyes just bulged when I read the part about the granola and he said, "whoah, I want some of that!!" He'll take a pumpkin sugar cookie too.

Wood Folks said...

Hey Willy we had a wonderful time and when I talked to Ben today he wanted to try our Coconut cranberry granola..

geeno said...

i'm loving the new photo header - i've never met your volvo wagon until this evening - wahoo!! I can just feel the love, energy and enthusiasm that was in that bakery - i wish i could smell the smells. mmmm- someday..

Keri Cannon said...

You guys are amazing! I love that you guys own great harvest. I think I would be 100lbs overweight if I worked there!

Errin said...

Lauren,
Looks like it was so fun having Will's parents in town. It's always nice having family around and I bet Liam just loved it :) Yeah we leave today actually and get in late tonight and then we are there till the next Friday. Are you guys coming into town? I hope you guys are! I would love to get little Liam and Cannon together. I love Liam's pictures .. he is so stinkin cute! Looks like you guys are loving life in Boise.

Heather said...

Love what you guys' have done with the blog! I love it when you guys have a new post up. It puts such a big smile on my face. That granola sounds great, I'll be curious to hear how everyone likes it up there in Boise. Sorry to hear that you guys bought wheels for your car and they don't fit! Man do it yourself car repairs. Haven't gone there yet myself, i'd love to hear stories. How's little Liam doing these days, we didn't see much of him in this last post?

Contributors